Using the Calendar (License Scheduling)
The Calendar feature allows admins, sub-admins and faculty to reserve apps or desktops for a specific group of users for a specified time period. This feature is intended for use primarily when an institution has a limited set of licenses for a given app and wants to ensure that licenses are available when a group meets (ex. when a classroom of students all need access to the same application at the same time).
To view the calendar:
Using your preferred web browser, navigate to the URL for your Apporto system (e.g. mycollege.apporto.com) and log in to the system using your Admin credentials to access the App Publishing screen.
Click the Calendar button in the Navigation panel.
The Calendar screen displays.
The screen shows a calendar of all apps for which one or more licenses have been reserved, the Groups for which the licenses are reserved, and the period of time for which the licenses are reserved.
3. Use the Scale options to view the Calendar by Days, Weeks or Months. You may always click on Today to automatically scroll back to the current day.
The currently selected Scale option is shown in red text.
4. Use the Groups menu to locate the group for which you wish to view reserved licenses.
The Groups menu shows a hierarchical listing of groups and sub-groups.
Click the button to expand a group. Click the button to collapse a group.
5. Use the horizontal and vertical scrollbars to view the full calendar.
To reserve an app:
Use the Groups menu to locate the group for which you wish to view reserved licenses.
Click the button to expand a group. Click the button to collapse a group
Use the horizontal scrollbar to scroll the Calendar to the time period for which you wish to reserve an app.
Click the desired time period for the group for which you wish to reserve an app.
The Reserve Application dialog displays.
Select the app you wish to reserve from the Select an application menu.
The Select an application menu lists all apps available to the associated group.
Enter the name of the class for which the app is being reserved in the Event name text box.
By default, the Event name text box shows the name of the app being reserved.
Enter the number of licenses to be reserved in the Number of licenses to reserve text box.
By default, the Number of licenses to reserve text box shows the total number of users in the group. You may change the value if a different number of licenses is needed.
NOTE: If you try to reserve more licenses than are available (per the Concurrent User Limit set in the Licenses screen), an error message will be displayed.
If you’d like to schedule a recurring event, choose from Daily or Weekly recurrence options.
- Enter either an end date or number of occurrences.
- When all desired information has been entered, click the OK button to reserve the specified number of licenses for the selected app. (Click the Cancel button to cancel the reservation and close the Reserve Application dialog.)
The reservation is added to the Calendar.
- When an application is reserved, students in the reserved group can access the application during the reserved time period. Students who are NOT in the reserved group may access the application during the reserved time period ONLY if additional licenses are available.
To remove a reservation:
Use the horizontal scrollbar to scroll the Calendar to locate the reservation you wish to remove.
Position the cursor over the desired reservation, then click the X icon at the right end of the reservation.
If the event has multiple occurrences, you will be prompted to choose between deleting only this event or all occurrences of the event.
After making a selection and clicking OK, the relevant event(s) is removed from the Calendar.