Keeping Track of Deployed Licenses
In most cases, IT Admins rely on their License Server to keep track of license use and to set a limit on number of concurrent user licenses. In some cases, Admins may want to set a ceiling on the number of concurrent user licenses in Apporto (ex. for License Scheduling) for streamed applications. The Licenses screen is where Admins may set a concurrent user limit.
To view deployed licenses:
- Using your preferred web browser, navigate to the URL for your Apporto system (e.g. mycollege.apporto.com) and log in to the system using your Admin credentials.
- Click the Licenses icon in the Navigation panel.
- The Licenses screen displays.
3. The Licenses screen shows a listing of all apps defined for your Apporto system and provides the following information for each app:
APP NAME – the name of the application
PUBLISHER – the publisher of the application
TYPE– the application type (DOWNLOAD, STREAMED or WEB) or the operating system (Windows or OSX) for NATIVE type applications
DOWNLOADS BY USER – the number of unique users that have downloaded the application
NAMED USER LIMIT – lets you enter the total number of purchased user licenses for the application
CONCURRENT USER LIMIT – for streamed apps, lets you enter the number of authorized concurrent users for the application
NOTIFICATION TRIGGER (%) – lets you set a value (expressed as a percentage of purchased licenses for the application) that will trigger notification that the number of purchased licenses may soon be exceeded
4. The Licenses screen is initially sorted in alphanumeric order by APP NAME. You can sort the list by APP NAME, PUBLISHER or OPERATING SYSTEM. To re-sort the Licenses screen:
- Click a column head to re-sort the screen in alphanumeric order using the selected column as the sort key.
- Click the column head again to sort the screen in reverse alphanumeric order.
To export Licenses information:
- Click the Export button.
- The Select Range dialog displays.
2. Use the From and To date entry calendars to specify the date range for the Licenses information file.
3. When the desired date range has been selected, click the Apply button.
- Select Range dialog closes. The report is generated by the system and is downloaded by your web browser.