Impersonating a User
As an Admin, you may need to access a user's app or desktop to troubleshoot or make changes. This can be accomplished by “impersonating” the user.
NOTE: an Admin cannot impersonate another Admin.
To impersonate a user:
- Using your preferred web browser, navigate to the URL for your Apporto system (e.g. mycollege.apporto.com) and log in to the system using your Admin credentials.
- Click the Users icon in the Navigation panel.
- The Users screen displays.
- The screen shows a listing of all authenticated users for your Apporto system.
3. Locate the user you wish to impersonate.
4. Click the Operations button for the desired user, then choose Switch to user.
- You are now logged in as the selected user.
- The end user App Store displays, and the message “You are now logged in as (user name).” shows in the upper right corner of the screen.
5. When you have completed the necessary tasks and are finished impersonating the user, click the Switch user link in the upper right corner of the screen.
- The Admin App Store displays, and you are returned to your original identity,