Creating a Web App
To create a web app:
Using your preferred web browser, navigate to the URL for your Apporto system (e.g. mycollege.apporto.com) and log in to the system using your Admin credentials to access the App Publishing screen.
- Click the Apps icon in the Navigation panel.
- The Apps screen displays.
- The screen shows a listing of all apps currently configured for your Apporto system.
3. Click the New button.
- The Select the Type of App dialog displays.
4. Select the Web radio button.
- The Create App - Web screen displays.
5. Enter the appropriate values for the app:
NOTE: “Mandatory” fields are identified by a red asterisk (*).
Enter the name of the app in the App name text box.
Enter the name of the app publisher in the Publisher text box.
Enter the version number for the app in the App version text box.
If desired, upload a logo for the app:
NOTE: Adding a logo for the app helps making the app visually appealing to the user.
NOTE: Logo files must be less than 5 MB. Allowed file type are png, gif, jpg, or jpeg. Images must be smaller than 100x100 pixels. Images larger than100x100 pixels are scaled to the allowed size limit.
Click the App logo - Browse button. A standard File Upload dialog displays.
Locate and select the desired file, then click the Open button. The File Upload dialog closes automatically, and the name of the selected file is shown next to the Browse button.
Click the App logo – Upload button to upload the logo file. A “thumbnail” of the logo shows, and the name of the uploaded document displays as a link when the upload is complete.
NOTE: If you wish to remove the logo file, click the Remove button.
- Enter one or more keywords that describe the app in the Tags text box. When entering multiple keywords, separate entries with commas.
NOTE: Keywords allows users to easily search for the application they require.
- The Tags text box uses “predictive” functionality that suggests previously used keywords as you enter text. Keywords that are new are automatically added to the database for future use.
If desired, enter a brief Description of the app, any special Instructions and/or a Link to vendor website.
If desired, specify the maximum amount of storage allocated to each user of the app (in gigabytes; 30 maximum) in the Storage Quota Per User text box.
Enter the URL for the app in the URL of the web app text box.
Use the Environment checkboxes to specify the environments to which you wish to publish the app; DEV, TEST and/or PROD.
6. When all necessary information has been entered, click the Submit button to create the app.
The App Detail screen for the newly created app displays.
The app can now be published to the desired target groups or users.